A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. What would happen if the value of term [(m-x) / (? ? 2)] increases in the expression of Guassian CDF?
A. Complementary error function also goes on increasing
B. Complementary error function goes on decreasing
C. Complementary error function remains constant or unchanged
D. Cannot predict
2. A signal g(t) = A then g(t) is a
A. energy signal
B. power signal
C. neither energy nor power signal
D. insufficient data
3. According to the time-shifting property of Laplace Transform, shifting the signal in time domain corresponds to the ______
A. Multiplication by e-st0 in the time domain
B. Multiplication by e-st0 in the frequency domain
C. Multiplication by est0 in the time domain
D. Multiplication by est0 in the frequency domain
4. For a second order system, damping ratio ? is such that 0 < ? <. Then the roots of characteristic equation are
A. real but not equal
C. complex conjugate
D. real and equal
5. The theoretical power of white noise is
B. depend upon frequency of signal
6. The ESD of a real valued energy signal is always ________
A. An even (symmetric) function of frequency
B. An odd (non-symmetric) function of frequency
C. A function that is odd and half-wave symmetric
D. None of the above
7. Which result is generated/ obtained by the addition of a step to a ramp function ?
A. Step function of zero slope
B. Ramp function of zero slope
C. Ramp Function shifted by an amount equal to step
D. Step Function shifted by an amount equal to ramp
8. Double integration of a unit step function would lead to
A. an impulse
B. a parabola
C. a ramp
D. a doublet
9. A time invariant system is a system whose output
A. vanishes with a delay in input
B. remains same with a delay in input
C. decreases with a delay in input
D. increases with a delay in input
10. Which one of the following is correct? Energy of a power signal is
D. Zero to Infinity
11. Two rectangular waveforms of duration t1 and t2 seconds are convolved. What is the shape of the resulting waveform?
12. According to Rayleigh’s theorem, it becomes possible to determine the energy of a signal by________
A. Estimating the area under the square root of its amplitude spectrum
B. Estimating the area under the square of its amplitude spectrum
C. Estimating the area under the one-fourth power of its amplitude spectrum
D. Estimating the area exactly half as that of its amplitude spectrum
13. As per time displacement theorem in Laplace transformation, displacement in the time domain by T becomes
A. division by s in the s domain
B. division by e-sT in the s domain
C. multiplication by s in the s domain
D. multiplication by e-sT in the s domain
14. Under which conditions does an initially relaxed system become unstable ?
A. only if bounded input generates unbounded output
B. only if bounded input generates bounded output
C. only if unbounded input generates unbounded output
D. only if unbounded input generates bounded output
15. Which among the following operations is/are not involved /associated with the computation process of linear convolution?
A. Folding Operation
B. Shifting Operation
C. Multiplication Operation
D. Integration Operation
16. For a ______ channel, we need to use the Shannon capacity to find the maximum bit rate.
17. Where is the ROC defined or specified for the signals containing causal as well as anti-causal terms?
A. Greater than the largest pole
B. Less than the smallest pole
C. Between two poles
D. Cannot be defined
18. Auto correlation function
A. is an even function of t
B. is an odd function of t
C. may be an even or odd function of t
D. is both an odd and even function of t
19. Which type of system response to its input represents the zero value of its initial condition?
A. Zero state response
B. Zero input response
C. Total response
D. Natural response
20. Which of the following is/are not a property/properties power spectral density function Sx(?)?
A. Sx(?) is real function of ?
B. Sx(?) is a even function of ?
C. Sx(?) is a odd function of ?
D. Sx(?) is non-positive function of ?Sx(?) ? 0 for all ?
Global Mall SCO 1, Alpha Commercial Complex, Fatehabad 125050 M: 9810570740, 9810571993
Tel: 01667221011, 9810570740, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc