A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Which company name is based on river name?
B. Sony Ericsson
2. Slip gauges are used as standards for precision length measurements, the slip gauges are available in four grades as per BIS standard, which one of the following grades is meant only for reference?
A. 0 grade
B. 1 grade
C. 00 grade
D. 11 grade
3. A traveling steady is fixed on the saddle of a Lathe. What is the function of this steady rest?
A. To prevent bending of long shafts due to cutting forces
B. To avoid load on the lathe centres while turning long
C. To reduce the load on the cutting tool while turning
D. To enables to turn at higher cutting speeds than recommended
4. The axis of the plate cam blank and the end mill spindle should always remain?
A. Inclined to each other
B. Parallel to each other
C. Opposite to each other
D. Vertical and inclined
5. What is a built up edge is respect of a turning tool?
A. Job material embedded on tool edge
B. A carbide tip soldered on a tool shank
C. A method of reconditioning worn out cutting tool edge
D. A tool cutting edge with a crater on it
6. Why it is necessary to maintain an approach distance between the cutting tool and the work while working on shaping machine?
A. To cool down the cutting edge of the tool bit
B. To avoid any ridger at the end of workpiece
C. To allow the chips to fall and clear the cutting edge
D. To enable the clapper box to return to cutting
7. Which country has granted temporary asylum to Edward Joseph Snowden who leaked details of the US program of mass surveillance of electronic data
B. Hong Kong
8. Indexing head mechanism works with?
A. Rock and gear
B. Worm and worm gear
C. Two helical gear
D. Two bevel gear
9. The quality control allows at the most 0.4% defective parts, How many defective parts can be allowed in a production of 500 parts?
10. A gear wheel has 36 teeth (z) and 3 mm module (m) its pitch diameter cutter?
A. 12 mm
B. 75 mm
C. 80 mm
D. 108 mm
11. If X + 3 Y = 8 and 2 X + 5 Y = 12 , the value of X & Y will be respectively:
A. - 4, 4
B. 3.5, 1
C. 1, 2
D. 2, 2
12. Who drafted the Declaration of American Independence?
A. George Washington
B. Abraham Lincoln
C. Thomas Jefferson
D. Jhon F Kennedy
13. How many medals are won by India in Olympics 2012?
A. 3 medals, 1 bronze and 2 silver
B. 7 medals, 4 bronze and 2 silver, 1 gold
C. 6 medals, 4 bronze and 2 silver
D. 8 medals, 1 bronze and 2 silver, 5 gold
14. Which one of the following equipments is used in the shop floor for the checking of the form that is being turned?
B. Snap gauge
C. Dial test indicator and slip gauges
D. Tool room microscope
15. Oil grooves are to be cut in brass half bearings. Which one of the following chisels in suitable?
A. Flat chisel
B. Cross chisel
C. Half round nose chisel
D. Web chisel
16. Solid H.S.S. cutters and carbide inserted tooth cutters are commonly used for milling, the permissible cutting speed of an inserted tooth cutter in relation to that of a HSS cutter is?
A. Twice as much
B. Five to ten times greater
17. While grinding and lapping cemented carbide tipped tool with diamond wheels a good flow of coolant should be directed to cover the grinding zone, the coolant suitable is?
A. Soluable oil
B. Mineral oil
C. Sulphurised oil
D. Mixture of paraffin and water
18. Rough and finish boring operations are carried out to machine a hole in a milling machine, for rough boring select?
A. High spindle speed and coarse feed
B. slow spindle speed and coarse feed
C. slow spindle speed and fine feed
D. High spindle speed and fine feed
19. Which one of the following thread forms is provided in the threaded parts where the pressure acts on one flank of the threads during transmission?
A. V thread
B. Square thread
C. Knuckle thread
D. Buttress thread
20. The grain size of a grinding wheel is indicated by numbers, which range of grain size referred to as 'Very Fine'?
A. 10 - 24
B. 30 - 60
C. 80 - 180
D. 220 - 600
Global Mall SCO 1, Alpha Commercial Complex, Fatehabad 125050 M: 9810570740, 9810571993
Tel: 01667221011, 9810570740, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc