A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Hepatitis B
A. has an incubation period of 15-45 days
B. is spread by ingestion of contaminated seafood
C. most patients recover completely
D. 50% become healthy carriers
2. The kidneys show acute cortical parenchymatous degeneration and necrosis of tubules. The kidneys are enlarged, cortex is swollen, pale, and oedematous in contrast to congested
A. Acute glomerulonephritis
B. Acute pyelonephritis
C. Acute renal failure
D. Shock kidney
3. Heterozygous sickle cell anemia gives protection against:
D. Dengue fever
4. The pathogenesis of cirrhosis involves all of the following EXCEPT:
A. demolition of collagen in the space of Disse
B. chronic inflammation
C. conversion of Kupffer cells into fibroblast-like cells
D. loss of fenestrations in sinusoidal capillaries
5. Down's syndrome (Mongolism) is due to trisomy of chromosome number :
6. Reed-Sternberg cells are present in :
B. Hodgkin's disease
D. Rheumetic carditis
7. Apoptosis results in
A. recruitment of neutrophils.
B. swelling and lysis of cells.
C. phagocytosis of apoptotic cells by surrounding healthy cells.
D. release of free radicals
8. In Lewis Triple Response, redness when skin is scratched with a pointed object is seen due to
A. Axon Reflex causing Vasoconstriction
B. Histamine Release due to local injury to mast cells by pointing device-
C. Free Nerve Endings
D. Endothelial Damage leading to increase in permeability
9. The following diseases have both renal and systemic manifestations. In determining an overall prognosis, the severity of the renal glomerular lesions is LEAST important in which of the following?
B. diabetes mellitus.
C. Goodpasture's syndrome.
10. Large white kidney is characteristic of :
A. Arteriolar nephrosclerosis
B. Acute glomerulonephritis
C. Subacute glomerulonephritis
D. Chronic glomerulonephritis
11. Liquefaction characteristically occurs following infarction of the
12. Nephroblastoma is most likely to occur at the age of :
A. 2 years
B. 12 years
C. 20 years
D. 50 years
13. Cystic fibrosis is inherited as an autosomal recessive condition. A normal couple has one daughter affected with the disease. They are now planning to have another child. What is the cause of her sibling being affected by the disease?
14. The causes of vascular changes in inflammation are :
A. Nervous factors (axon reflex)
B. Chemical-'H' like substance and leucotaxin
D. All of these
15. Rheumatic carditis affects :
D. All of these
16. In haemochromatosis, the predominent pigment is :
17. PNH is associated with deficiency of:
C. GPI Anchored protein
D. All of the above
18. A man has hepatosplenomegaly with pancytopeni. On biopsy of liver large cells are seen with a crumpled tissue paper appearance of nuclei. Which of the following may be deicient in this patient?
19. Foreign body giant cells are seen in :
D. All of these
20. Marker for rhabdomyosarcoma
Global Mall SCO 1, Alpha Commercial Complex, Fatehabad 125050 M: 9810570740, 9810571993
Tel: 01667221011, 9810570740, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc